Right off the bat, I have a disclaimer: there’s no rice or frying in my SkinnyVeganGirl Fried Rice. But then again there are about 50 calories per cup versus over 400 calories in traditional fried rice. You’d have to eat over 8 bowls of this fried rice to equal the amount of calories in 1 bowl of Benihana Vegetable Fried Rice. The recipe I’m sharing is flexible so long as you have riced cauliflower, a carrot, a stalk of celery, green onions, garlic and ginger. You can kick it up a notch by adding several sliced mushrooms and a 1/4 cup of frozen green peas. The calorie count will still remain ridiculously low.
- Frozen Riced Cauliflower, 12 OZ
- 3 Tablespoons miso ginger broth or Veggie broth (1 tablespoon reserved.)
- 1/4 cup sliced carrot
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1 Tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 Tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce or siracha
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Makes 4 servings
- In a non-stick fry pan, combine 2 tablespoons broth with carrots, celery, ginger and garlic.
- Cook over medium high heat until all liquid is gone.
- Add frozen cauliflower and continue to saute until heated through and all water is absorbed, about 3 minutes.
4. Add spinach and toss over low heat until it’s wilted.
5. Toss remaining ingredients over mixture and serve with a drizzle of sesame oil.
Copyright 2018, All Rights Reserved.