If you love the woodsy meaty flavor of mushrooms, this recipe is for you. With Portobello, cremini, shiitake and white mushrooms, a true mushroom lover is blown away, plus its so easy to make you can indulge in a glass of wine and if you are partaking in a glass of wine (red or white), you can give the sautéing mushrooms a shot. Also if you have truffle oil go ahead and drizzle on top of the dish at the end! I made this without the truffle oil and it’s still to die for. Unfortunately, I have truffle oil tastes on a canola oil budget.
- 3 cups uncooked pasta preferably Caratappi or any ribbon-cut or short-cut pasta that the sauce will cling to. If you are gluten-free you can use gluten-free pasta.
- One medium large onion ( about 1 cup chopped)
- 3.5 OZ (99 g) shiitake mushrooms
- 8 OZ baby bella mushrooms
- 8 OZ white mushroom sliced
- 1 large Portabello mushroom cleaned and sliced
- 3/4 cup drained and rinsed small white beans
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 Tablespoon sage leaves sliced plus a couple for decoration (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 Tablespoons brewer’s yeast
- 1/2 cup water divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice all mushrooms. Scrape off the underside gills and remove the stem of the portabello. Put the gills and stem in separate bowl and reserve for sauce.
- Boil water in large pot. Add about one tablespoon salt. While boiling chop onion, thyme and rosemary. Reserve for later. Once boiling add pasta and cook to taste. I like my pasta a little chewy but cook it to your taste drain and put into serving bowl. Scoop out about 1/3 cup of pasta water and save.
- Put in the blender beans, garlic, brewer’s yeast, lemon, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, stem, gills plus 1 Tablespoon of reserved pasta water and blend on low. If too thick, u can add a splash of pasta water or wine.
- Heat a skillet with one teaspoon olive oil when hot add onions and saute for 45 seconds. Then add veggie broth, mushrooms, garlic and herbs. Boil for 1 minute then cover and steam for three minutes. Uncover and remove ingredients with a strainer. Put on side.
- Add blender sauce to pasta. Toss. Add cooked mushrooms with herbs. Toss again. Sprinkle parsley leaves on top then garnish with remaining whole sage leaves in center. Serve.
Copyright 2017. All rights reserved.